Thursday, March 7, 2013

We wandered on over to Ristobar

An activity is always better with a fun name.  For instance, my group of friends and I celebrate Taco Tuesday every week.  Yes, I know the name isn't original but it's a fun one :)  So when this same group of ladies and I decided to start a restaurant club on a night other than Tuesday (obv that was already taken) it too needed a fun name.  So it started out as just an idea but Wandering Wednesday has now become the permanent title of our fun outing and this month we wandered on over (on Wednesday) to the wonderful Ristobar.


I've always seen Ristobar bar (in the Marina on the corner of Chestnut and Scott) and have heard good things about it so I put it into the hat as a choice for Wandering Wednesday and it got picked!  Now that I've eaten there I can say that yes it is yummy and delicious but didn't quite live up to the hype.  I love Italian food and it wasn't bad here but I've had better.  But do not take this as a review not to go here because you will most definitely enjoy yourself just like I did.


We started out with two orders of the Burrata.  With six hungry girls this was necessary.  as mentioned in previous posts, burrata is a new fav of mine and this one was tasty as well.  It was served on a bed of arugula, with hazelnuts and honey and crostini to spread it on.  We gobbled this up.  Along with the bread which was dy-no-mite!  Ahh, I wish I got a picture of it but it was nice warm artisan bread studded with walnuts - delish!


Next up were the entrees.  Again I'm sorry I didn't get a pic of everyone's food but at least I got mine.  I split a thin crust pizza with Ashley.  We order the Valencia with ricotta, goat cheese, asiago, bosc pear, candied walnuts, watercress and black pepper.  It was a yummy order.  All of the ingredients paired well together and you really can't go wrong with a combination of three cheeses.


I also split the broccolini with Laura.  Now I know broccolini is very similar to regular broccoli but a) it's much more fun to say and probably fancier! and b) I love that it's longer and thinner - easier to eat.  This was tasty too as it was sautéed with garlic and little bit of peppers.



And because this is restaurant club and we've decided to go allllll out we also got dessert!  To share we got tiramisu that was layered in a little cup and a hazelnut/chocolate/cream puff/ice cream concoction that was delish (obvi, did you just read those ingredients?)


The company was great, the food tasty so all in all I'd say it was a successful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment