Thursday, March 21, 2013

You're the only Ten I See...Ten Biscuits that is!

Bad pick up line, I know but I wanted to let ya'll (sorry that just slipped in there, I'm south of the Mason-Dixon line!) know I'm in Tennessee!  This is my 47th state I've visited and I'm headed to Kentucky and Alabama on this trip too.  Soooo that means one.state.left!!!  (Darn you Alaska for being so far away...)  Side note: my family has a pretty intense competition to see who can visit all 50 state first and currently I'm in the lead.  And hopefully I'm gonna win :)


Toto, I don't think we're in San Francisco anymore.  

Here are a few pictures from my adventures in Tennessee.  Disclaimer: they all involve food.  But c'mon what else would you expect?  My mom and I planned our trip around food and restaurants and literally rebooked a new hotel because it was closer to the delish breakfast spot.


First up, the Loveless Cafe in Nashville.  Don't even think twice, this is a MUST STOP!  My mom read an article back in Sac about it and we knew we had to stop.


Why?  Because breakfast is served all day, every day.  Enough said :)


Cute diner coffee mugs.


Starters of homemade biscuits and jams!  Like how some restaurants give you bread or chips and salsa, but so.much.yummier!  They make 7,000 biscuits a day!  Seven Thousand!  That's a lot of rolling:


And these were goooooood!  Biscuit making can be very controversial especially among Southerners but in my (California) opinion these were excellent.  So excellent we each had 5 :)


But still had room to be members of the clean plate club!  Ooopps, maybe I should show you the before well maybe, before.


Pulled pork barbecue and eggs and an ah-mazing (and filled with many, many calories #caloriesdon'tcountonvacation) hash brown casserole.  BBQ...it's not just for breakfast anymore.  It was  as tasty as you can imagine.


Then my mom got country ham (not covered in sugar like city ham), eggs, the same amazing potatoes and red-eye gravy.  I'll help you out, red-eye gravy is made of: ham drippings, brown sugar and coffee.  Unique but really good.  And we split everything!  (Seriously, my mom is the best to travel with because we like the same things!)


I just want to go back there and play corn hole in the sunshine!


Best phrase ever...make biscuits not war :)


I have eaten more pork on this trip that I have this whole year.


Yummmmm BBQ!


I am beginning to wonder...do these biscuits make my but look big?


Good ol' Southern cooking phrases: I love you like biscuits and gravy and We go together like ham and biscuits.  Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment