Friday, March 22, 2013

Gettin' lucky in Kentucky

So Tennessee was state #47 for me and Kentucky was state #48.  This part of the country is definitely different than the west but still lots of fun!  So highlights from Kentucky:


Our first stop was Horse Cave, KY.  I have grown up hearing so much about this place from my dad as it's kind of an ancestral home of the Crumps.  My great-grandfather was born here.


This was the cutest thing in town.


This was a funny little attraction along the side of the road.  A whole bunch tee pees just spread out.  Not actual tee pees but odd looking concrete structures.


I guess you can rent a wigwam for the night!  Oh the things you see along these little country roads...


We also drove through Bowling Green - home of the Corvette museum.  We did not stop.


Yeahhhh Kentucky!  Note: this was taken at the Mammoth Caves National Park visitors center - a really cool place!  Sorry there aren't any pics because a) nothing would show up if I took a picture underground and b) it's hard to take a picture outside of the cave.  I mean I could photograph the landscape and you could use your imagination to imagine the cave underground?


And this was the super cute bed and breakfast we stayed in.  It was built in 1810 and Abraham Lincoln's law parter was the first owner!  I LOVE history.

No comments:

Post a Comment