Saturday, February 23, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie tasting #2

Let me start off this post by saying one thing: I have AWESOME sisters!  Truly I do.  And because they are fantastic, we love spending time together.  Luck for me I live within a 10 minute walk (ok, 10 minutes downhill to see her and maybe 15 minutes for her to walk up the hill to see me...oh San Francisco!) from one sis and not too far from the other (Alli: move up to Nor Cal!!!!!)  While Jeannie and I see each other more often (and she is the one doing the cookie challenge with me - thanks!) we still always manage to chat about Allison (only good things) and wish she was there with us.


But now onto the cookies.  So a few days ago Jeannie and I had our weekly dessert date at Spruce.  It is a fancy schmancy place but it's choco chip cookie is on the list so we had to go.  Plus it's close to my place and on oh-so-cute Sacramento St.


You normally get the cookie to go at their cafe section but Jeannie heard that their beignets were delish so obvi we had to try those too.  The cookie was served cut up in little pieces for us and with fresh whipped vanilla bean whipped cream!  YUMMMM  The cookie would've been better warmed but we still devoured the pieces with their bug chocolate chunks.


Sorry you can't see Jeannie...  Their beignets were tasty too.  Not like regular beignets I've usually have (there were more like big donuts holes covered in cinnamon and sugar) but still a treat.  They had two dipping sauces: chocolate and creme anglaise.  Needless to say we were in a sugar coma at the end of this.

Can't wait for our next cookie (or any other dessert) tasting!


No comments:

Post a Comment