Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I Heart Chocolate

Really, I do.  Chocolate makes the world go round.  Yummmm!  Ugh, too bad I'm writing this at the airport and can't go get something yummy and chocolatey (sadly I'm at OAK and not SFO otherwise you know I'd be alllll over that Kara's cupcake in Terminal 2!)


Anyways, I thought this title was cute because this recipe is a chocolate one in the shape of a heart (I also really do heart chocolate!)  And yes, this recipe was made for a Valentine's day event but could really be made any time you want to show love.  I've had this heart shaped tart pan for yearsssss but never used it.  Maybe I was intimidated by tarts?  Or thought your couldn't make a heart shaped thing anytime of year (you can!  I promise you that you can!)  But a sorority potluck Valentine's dinner seemed like the perfect opportunity to use this pan.

Obvi, I had to make a chocolate tart and a quick Google search brought me to this.  So I set out to make it (between running errands and wine tasting - prob not my best move.)


I'm going to give you all a few quick tips about things I should've done to make this a little better:

  1. read the recipe all the way through ahead of time and plan your day (and stick to your plan!)  I was running around a lil crazy at the end.
  2. Make sure you roll your crust out all the way.  I didn't roll my crust out thin enough so when it came time to fill it with the chocolately goodness I was only able to use about half of the filling.  Really make sure that dough is 1/4 inch thick so it can really fill the pan.
  3. Maybe take better pictures :)

But all in all, it was a tasty dish and with the addition of raspberries on to it was very pretty!  So make this dessert any time of year - it's a great way to show the love!

Happy (super late) Valentine's day (again)!



No comments:

Post a Comment