Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie sample #1


My sister Jeannie and I have accepted a new challenge.  The online magazine for San Francisco, 7x7, put out a list of top chocolate chip cookies in the city.  Um, I may or may not have been drooling while reading that list.  Chocolate ship cookies may be so simple but when done right they are oh so tasty.  I have some pretty good ones that I make that are a family recipe but it is always fun to find a bakery that gets that ooeey gooey, chocolatey goodness down too.

But back to our challenge: Jeannie and I have decided to try all of them.  Yep, we will make the sacrifice and try all the cookies and see how they measure up.

First up comes from an unexpected place, a fro yo place.  Yeah, I was a little skeptical too but still willing to try!  So let's talk about the choco chip cookie at Fraiche.



When we get there they were actually all out but said that the cookies would be ready in about 15 minutes.  No problem, I can always chill with my sis.  Our timing was actually great because we got hot-out-of-the-oven cookies (which i think we can all agree are the best.)  These cookies were gooey and not over baked - a common problem with store bought cookies - and had plenty of chocolate chunks (versus chocolate chips, a common thing I am seeing in cookies and something I need to try at home.)  I would say these are a winner.


Thanks for trying them with me Jeannie!  On to the next one...


1 comment:

  1. Go Perda! I'll be your guinea pig for anything you want to try out :)

    ReplyDelete