Sunday, February 17, 2013

Beer and Food - the way to my heart!

A little belated Valentine's Day post here.  But better late than never!  Also the last week and a half was SF Beer Week - another cause for celebration!

My valentine this year was my good friend Brie and we went to dinner at a place that is down the street from where we both live yet we each had never been there.  It's a cute little Italian place called, Delarosa.  For SF Beer Week they put together a menu of some small plates, each with a beer pairing. 


Here's a sampling of what we ate:

We first started out with roasted brussel sprouts paired with a beer from the North Coast Brewing Co in Fort Bragg.  Sorry I forgot a picture of this!  Brussel sprouts are a new favorite of mine so this was an obvious choice.

Next up was the burrata.  This was not on the beer week menu but we'd heard that it was a must have here and it was delicious.  I must admit that I'd first tried burrata - an Italian cheese made from mozzarella and cream - a few weeks ago and it is tasty!  But really, what cheese isn't?  Well except blue.  Blue is an ok color for berries but not in my cheese, thank you very much.


We then had a yummy panini with goat cheese and roasted red peppers.  It was paired with a beer from the Triple Voodoo Brewing Company.  We also had house made chips - delish!


Our next plate was a bit confusing for us (sorry it's hard to see but really there wasn't much to see.)  We thought we were getting crab, as in the crab you'd have to crack yourself.  False.  There were like rice and crab balls.  Good, but totally not what we were expecting!  Oh well, at least they were paired with the always tasty Back in Black beer from 21st Amendment Brewery.


And of course we had to get dessert!  We ordered donuts with three dipping sauces: chocolate, raspberry and marscopone.  Surprisingly the marscopone mixed with raspberry was my favorite.  This is odd as lately I've some of my favorite desserts haven't had chocolate in them.  If you know me then you know chocolate is my absolute favorite!


Also, I thought this was super cute:


Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment