Thursday, June 14, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake


First of all, Happy Strawberry Shortcake day!!  Yes this is a holiday and definitely one worthy of celebration.  Not only are strawberries one of my favorite fruits but Strawberry Shortcake happens to be a nickname of mine.  The nickname comes from the food, not this adorable lil lady (although maybe there's some resemblance between us?):



So in honor of this day I give you one of my favorite strawberry shortcake recipes.  I actually made it last week before I even knew about this holiday.   love this dessert (even though it's not chocolate, it's probably in my top 10 favs) but I've never actually made it.  This meant I had to find a yummy recipe.  Well Google Reader makes it super simple to search through alllll the blogs I read (and let me tell you, there are a lot!) and helped me to find this one.  I love it because it's an Alice Waters recipe and I have a serious girl crush on her.  Google her, she's THE California cuisine/eat fresh foods/get schools to have gardens pioneer!  She is also the founder of the restaurant Chez Paniesse restaurant which we ate at a few months ago and I took all the pictures but forgot to do the blog post on.  Anyways, I think she's cool.  You had me at Alice.



Anyways, the shortcakes tasted delicious.  I even made then special by cutting them out with a fun cookie cutter - in the shape of the US (why yes, I am a US history nerd!) - instead of circles like suggested.  And at this point I wish I had a picture to show you but we gobbled them up too quickly/I completely forgot.  Oooppsies.

No comments:

Post a Comment