Thursday, June 28, 2012

Party Cake!

June 4th is a big day in my family.  It's my parent's anniversary and my twin sister's birthday and nothing for me.  But that's ok because that means I get to plan a celebration and bake so that's alright with me. :)

This year we did a family get together at our apartment in the city.  Unfortunately only one twin was there as Alli is in Denver but she was there is spirit.  As much as we missed Allison this meant that I could make a dessert just for Jeannie.  Well growing up Jeannie LOVED colors so when I saw this rainbow cake a few months ago I pinned it and knew I had to make it for her birthday.

You start off with a basic white cake and then split the batter into six containers and dye each one.  I did the colors of the rainbow but I suppose you could do any color combo.


The finished product is below.  My colors didn't spread out as much as I wanted but I think I just have to shake the pans a little bit more or spread the batter more with a scraper.


But it still looks good and more importantly it was delicious!


Ta Da!  And I frosted it with a tasty tasty frosting.  And even decorated.


Happy anniversabirthary!!!


Happy 25th birthday little sister!!!


And yay for a great family dinner.  Thanks to bay area cousins for coming to celebrate!


No comments:

Post a Comment