Monday, June 6, 2011

Wined and Dined

So Sacramento just had their annual Wine and Dine week.  I love when cities do this - prix fixe yummy menus at various restaurants in town.  It means that I can go to a fancy schmany restaurant that I normally wouldn't go to and get a fabulous three course meal for a great set price.  

I went to Ella with some sorority sisters last week.  I've always wanted to go to Ella because it looks so pretty and fancy and it was!  We had a delish meal and some fun times.  And of course I took picture of my food!

Course #1:
English Pea Soup
Fines Herbes Crème Fraiche and Tiny Greens with House Smoked Salmon 
So I normally don't like split pea soup but this English pea soup was great!  Especially with the smoked salmon.  And the color!  I wish I had a coat in this color green :)

Course #2:
Fines Herbes Gnocchi 
Crispy Prosciutto, Parmesan Cream, Vegetable Ragout, Poached Farm Egg 
Seriously how can you go wring with gnocchi?  You can't.  Lots of veggies, the surprise egg on top (guess I shoulda read the menu better) and again with the beautiful green!

Course #3 (dessert!):
Strawberry and Rhubarb Crumble with Vanilla Ice Cream
Ok, I gotta say that this wasn't my favorite.  Yes it looks cute and was good but this was my first time eating rhubarb and I'm not quite on the bandwagon.  Sorry.  But the strawberries were obvi delish!

All this with a lovely glass of local Malbec and I was happy.  Thanks for a fun dinner ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment