Saturday, April 2, 2011

PB & J

Happy National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day!  (are you noticing a trend on my blog?  I really like to celebrate random food holidays!)  How can you not love a day like this?  The PB & J sandwich is a classic.  I think I had one of these every school day for lunch from probably 1st grade until 8th grade.  I got a little tired of it but after a brief hiatus I enjoy this sandwich more than ever.  It's still a great lunch when you're pressed for time and still works for all ages.  I now enjoy my sandwich on yummy whole grain bread, with walnut butter and sometimes I even mix it up and swap out jelly for honey!

Enjoy a yummy PB and J today!  You all know what I'll be having for lunch ;)


p.s. this also can open up the debate between crunchy and creamy peanut butter.  I'm Switzerland and am neutral and like 'em both.  Ok, if I haaad to pick then it would be crunchy!

No comments:

Post a Comment