Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Blondie

Food holidays are great! A perfect excuse to celebrate food.  I.love.it. That’s why I like checking out this calendar. And today just happens to be Blondie Brownie day!!! 


Now I wasn’t sure about a brownie with so little chocolate in it but trust, these are tasty. Still not sure what the difference is between a blondie and a cookie bar but that’s a mystery for another day because we have some blondies to bake!  I thought this recipe looked tasty (and the blog is written by a Crump as well...totally coincidence.)

Sorry for the lack of pics but I moved into a small, not super useable kitchen so I decided to bake with my sissy on my trip to see her in sunny So Cal.


How could a recipe be bad when it start off with this? Answer: it can’t!


Funny story: when we went to the liquor store to buy this teeny tiny nip of bourbon (we only needed 2 tablespoons) the guy at the register asks us if we have any big plans for tonight. Sir, we have approximately 4 tablespoons of bourbon…we are not throwing a wild and crazy party.

Another funny store: my sister's Trader Joe’s does wine tasting every day!  Wine, for free, in Trader Joes, with cheese!!! What?! Ah-mazzzzing.  I was jealous.


And now that this is turning into a post about my lovely weekend (it seriously was, it was mid-70s in So Cal…I MISS THAT!) here are some more pictures:

Grilled Cheeeeeese

Biking along Newport Beach


SUNNNNNNY weather in Laguna


Meeting the newest member of the fam, precious Nora




Breakfast at a LA legend (it’s NEVER closed, ever), The Pantry


 

And hanging out with these cool kiddos 


No comments:

Post a Comment